This Scholarship was funded by the Class of 2011. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize the effort of the Pennfield High School Student representative that serves on the Pennfield Schools Educational Foundation Board. The criteria for receiving the $500 renewal Scholarship is as follows:
Eligibility and Requirements
- The student must serve as a trustee on the board of directors during their Junior and Senior Year.
- The student must participate in 50% of the PSEF board meetings to be eligible.
- The student must participate in at least 2 of the 3 fundraisers the organization currently organizes each year.
- The student must provide proof of enrollment in a school of higher education or trade school to receive the scholarship.
- The student needs to contact the PSEF board to reapply for the second year of the scholarship.
2015 Scholarship Recipient: Kendall Sidnam
Kendall Sidnam, daughter of Jerry and Shelley Sidnam, was the recipient of the third scholarship given by Pennfield Schools Educational Foundation. Kendall was a 2015 graduate of Pennfield High School and the Battle Creek Area Math and Science Center, and also dual-enrolled at Kellogg Community College during her last two years in high school. Kendall served as the student representative to the PSEF board during her junior and senior years. Throughout her high school career, she was a member of the National Honors Society, on Homecoming Court, was a dance teacher at Shari Rarick’s School of Dance for five years, participated in Pennfield’s Follies, participated in the horse chapter of 4-H for four years, and graduated in the Academic Top Ten. Kendall is scheduled to graduate from the University of Michigan with an anticipated Non-profit Business Management degree in 2019.
2013 Scholarship Recipient: Harley Turner
2012 Scholarship Recipient: Kaitlyn Damerow
Kaitlyn Damerow was the recipient of the first scholarship given by Pennfield Schools Educational Foundation. Kaitlyn was a 2011 graduate of Pennfield High School and is attending Kellogg Community College. She is the daughter of Dale and Tammy Damerow. She served as a student representative to the PSEF during her Junior and Senior years. She was a member of the Pennfield High School Choir, was on the Homecoming Court, played Soccer, coached Little League Cheerleading, was a scorekeeper for JR. High and High School Wrestling Teams and worked on Red Cross Blood Drives.